Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sleepless Nights

It seems the older I get, and the more problems I try to iron out, the less sleep I get. I can't say the less sleep I need, because I probably need more sleep than the few hours I get each night, but I awaken suddenly, and there's no going back. So, i do my little ritual of going on my computer, checking my email, filtering through facebook, and writing if I am in the mood. My antenna comes in sometimes, and sometimes not, so whether it does or not determines whether I watch some tv or not. There's so much on my mind these days that my poor mind probably needs a break from thinking in my sleep! And yet, when I'm awake, it needs to sleep to get a break! Seems like a viscious cycle. I've always had a hard time sleeping, and my mom used to tell me to just lie in bed and relax, that my body would get rest that way, too. It never really seemed to make sense to me. I don't think there's anything more annoying than lying in bed and trying to fall asleep, but not being able to, and having your legs twitch, and being so uncomfortable you just toss back and forth.
So, here i am, at 5:54, typing away. I was up at 5, just in time to hear the birds start to chirp. For whatever reason, i don't seem to have as much trouble sleeping during the day! Do worries escape the daylight? My body feels tired, but my mind won't stop rambling on. I even sleep with a sound machine, and the crickets chirping, and it helps, but I still pop up in the middle of the night, rearing to go-to where i don't know.
Maybe i'll try to lie down and relax for a bit...I may be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment