Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Poem Of Emotions Or Truth

Convert this page to a PDF
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013

by Susan Thom(10,682)

When your mind says no, but your heart says it's true,

What keeps you going, and what gets you through

When time is all you have and you can't think of anything else

What makes you continue, and what makes your heart pulse

Is it misguided feelings, or a love that has no bounds

Is it your mind making mistakes, or your conscience that sounds

Is God giving you a gift, or challenging your truths

Will you win all you want, or accept all you could lose

Is it chemistry and compassion while you're alive

Or is it a will that you cling to that wants to survive

Do the questions stay covered in the secret part of your soul

Or are your weaknesses simply content and controlled

Can you accept that tomorrow will bring more than today

Or do you wish that your nightmares would all go away

Do the prayers that you stutter lead you astray

Or does the God of your understanding, show you the way

Can you tell what is right, and what may be wrong

Does it take you forever to learn your own song

Do you want to believe what you think your heart feels

Can you maintain a calmness amidst all of the deals

Are the eyes that you see through open to the reality of life

Or will you placidly go forward with conflict and strife

Is it natural for you to feel so broken and lost

Or have all of your dreams merely been tossed

How long will you wait for the truth to be told

Will the answers come to you before you're too old

Must others teach you what you should understand

Or were friends created to hold on to your hand

Is it you or the world that just can't get it straight

Or will you listen to your conscience before it's too late

What road will you take and what path will you choose

Before all is taken, and you must accept what's to loose

Opening yourself up to the world might not have been right

Will you give in quietly, or stick around for the fight

Can things change over night, as the rain and the wind

Or have you quite readily turned toward the sins

What is your future, what will your message become

Have you thought all things through, before you become numb

Emotions or truth, what will it be

Do you even know what it is your heart sees

You are worth all God wanted, and more if you try

When all seems to crumble, just look towards the sky
This Article has been viewed 1,250 times. (Not updated in real-time.)
Top-level comments on this article: (8 total)
» left by Megha Mallan
25 days 21 hours ago.
26 fans.
SIMPLY SUPERB!!!

Susan I loved it!!! every word of it...

God Bless!!
» left by Susan Thom 25 days 16 hours ago.
193 fans.
thank you megha,

i seem to write poems, or similar to poems, when i am in a deep crisis....tends to touch the soul more.

i try to bring out what i am feeling, and then, i seem to be able to let it go easier.

i so appreciate you reading and your kind words.

my best to you,

sue
» left by David Tanguay
25 days 15 hours ago.
196 fans.
Very well done Susan, see you can do poetry can't you?
» left by Susan Thom 25 days 14 hours ago.
193 fans.
hi david,

ha-i guess so-too bad my heart and soul have to be torn apart to do so!

comes naturally then :)

thanks for reading and commenting,

my best to you always,

sue
» left by Avis Ward
25 days 14 hours ago.
131 fans.
So, there's a poetess in you, eh? Why am I NOT surprised, dear Sue! This is great!! I loved ALL of it, especially the last two lines. I will keep looking to the sky...the hills where my helps comes! Blessings and much love to you, my friend.

Avis!
» left by Susan Thom 25 days 14 hours ago.
193 fans.
hi missy,

thanks for reading, and the beautiful comment.

and thanks for the love, i can feel it always, and i sure as Hell :) can use the blessings! :)

love,

sue
» left by Avis Ward 25 days 14 hours ago.
131 fans.
You're so welcome. I meant every word and it gives me *warm fuzzies* to know you feel the sincerity of my heart, as I do love you. I need all the blessings that are mine, for sure... and NOW! :)

We'll hang in there because we have our HOPE where it should be placed.

Love,

Avis

Thank YOU, Sue. *hugs with love*
» left by Marlin Woosley
25 days 9 hours ago.
34 fans. Follow Marlin Woosley on twitter!
I'm not much for poetry, Sue, but I have to tell you that I really enjoyed this.
» left by Susan Thom 25 days 9 hours ago.
193 fans.
hi marlin,

i don't write much poetry, although i used to when i was a teen and in my 20's. i write poetry when my heart and soul hurts, and my mind can form the words that hopefully tell the story better than an article would.

i'm so glad you read it, and thank you for liking it, and commenting,

my best to you always,

sue
» left by Jennifer Stewart
24 days 18 hours ago.
162 fans. Follow Jennifer Stewart on twitter!
Phew, Sue, this is a very moving poem. I know these conflicts. You've articulated so clearly things that are really hard to express.

I'm very sorry about your car. How did it happen?
» left by Susan Thom 23 days 11 hours ago.
193 fans.
long story....
» left by Rain Stickland
23 days 5 hours ago.
31 fans. Follow Rain Stickland on twitter!
Awesome! Like Marlin, I'm not much for poetry. Very rarely do I read any, and very rarely does it affect me, but I read this and it affected me, so good job!
» left by Susan Thom 22 days 20 hours ago.
193 fans.
thanks Rain,

i don't often write poetry :)

this, however got 1,018 page views so far...go figure...

talk to you later, thanks for reading and commenting, i appreciate it,

my best,

sue
» left by Ella Camp
22 days 21 hours ago.
100 fans.
I like this Sue- A cathartic translation of human emotions in all their verities

and shifts- vibrant. Thanks-Always Ella
» left by Susan Thom 22 days 20 hours ago.
193 fans.
hi Ella,

thank you for reading and your great comment.

that's me-verities and shifts :)

my best to you,

sue
» left by Michele Winslow
22 days 18 hours ago.
17 fans. Follow Michele Winslow on twitter!
Thank you so much, it is both beautiful and thoughtful and touched my soul.
» left by Susan Thom 18 days 12 hours ago.
193 fans.
hi michele,

i appreciate you reading and commenting.

sometimes, the best words come from the soul.

my best to you,

sue

No comments:

Post a Comment